• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midshipmanjosh

Are there any benefits from the PLC program while your going to school? I heard a while back that they pay for 25 hours of flight training? Is this a truth or rumor? Are there other benefits that im not aware of?

Thanks,

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
they have tuition assistance not sure how much its for ive seen different numbers in different places. I cant remember what i read about the flight training but i'm pretty sure it depends on what year you are in school. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but if you are doing the 10 PLC you cant get flight training.

Clux4

Banned
Basically nothing is free. There is no free launch and do not let anyone fool you into this. It is almost a 10 year commitment for an aviation slot.

Midshipmanjosh

Yeah that is no surprise to me. I was gung ho for the navy for almost 5 years. I was planning on being in for a while to begin with.

Broadsword2004

Yeah, nothing is free; they pay to train you and you pay 'em back. They train you as a pilot and you have to pay them back a lot.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
The Marine Corps used to have a program to get your pilots license before going to TBS. Some districts no longer do it (if any). The commitment for flight is 6 years for helos and 8 years for jets after you get your wings. However, no matter what service you go through, you'll have to give up some time because of the investment the U.S. Government puts into training you.

PLC offers you $300 a month during college after completion of six weeks of training or ten weeks of training if you're a junior. Plus an additional $5,200 for the school year. Also, you get the benefit of knowing that when you're commissioned you know you're going to flight school after OCS/TBS. No other service offers that in writing. I hope that helps.

UORBulldog

benefits

I am between PLC sessions and I receive $1350 per semester for 6 months added to the contract.
If you are an air contract you can get flight training to what is equivalent to getting a pilot's license in the civilian world paid for by the USMC, before you are commissioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.