• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Combined?

Patriot

If I am selected I will go to PLC Combined this summer. I have read everything out there about OCS and some about PLC but haven't found anything about combined except that it's for juniors and seniors with one summer left during school. I will need to finish one semester next fall so that's why I'd do combined. How is PLC combined different than OCS if both are 10 consecutive weeks?

Crowbar

None
OCS is the screening program you have to do before you get commissioned. OCS is also considered a 'place'.

PLC, PLC-Combined, OCC, NROTC, MCP, ECP, MECEP...those are all just different programs that will get you to OCS.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
Crowbar is right on. PLC combined is the same program as OCC, except you go back to finish college after the 10 weeks instead of being commissioned right there. I went PLC combined and thought it was a good way to go. I wouldn't think that plane ride back to quantico for seniors would be very much fun.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I wouldn't think that plane ride back to quantico for seniors would be very much fun.

It's not fun at all.

OCC, PLC Combined, PLC Juniors and Seniors: these are all just diferent ways of completing the requirements set forth by the Marine Corps for you to be commissioned as a 2nd Lt. You will get the same training in each one of those programs. The time lines may be a little different, but those commissioning through each of those sources don't have an advantage over one source or another.

Some people may prefer one program, but it's all the same training.

Therefore, the gouge you've read for one program is good for another.

motiv8r

The time lines may be a little different, but those commissioning through each of those sources don't have an advantage over one source or another.

In very general terms, this is true. However, there are small advantages/disadvantages for each program. For example, since I went through 2-summer PLC, my PEBD is over 3 years ago, even though I have yet to report to TBS. Also, the only job-related stress I had during senior year was getting my blues fitted and planning the commissioning ceremony.

That having been said, going back to OCS a second time is not fun. In my opinion, the plane ride down wasn't as bad as seeing THAT FVCKING BRIDGE again.

Patriot

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I imagined they are essentially the same I was just wondering if there were any major differences in the pace or schedule since I have been given the impression that Juniors starts off at a slower pace than OCC.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Juniors is just an introduction to OCS and the Marine Corps. At Seniors you would repeat the entire junior syllabus in the 1st week and a half. Seniors is the fastest paced of all of the programs for a few reasons. First of all you've been there before and there isn't the "shock" factor, you basically know what to do when. Therefore, they take it upon themselves to cram the entire 10 week program into 6 weeks. It's pretty brutal.