• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC deadline?

macattack

Hey, I searched first but couldn't find anything so here goes. What's generally the deadline for PLC (specifically the Jr/Sr option) applications? I'm currently a college freshman and wouldn't go till summer 07 (had mono a couple of months ago so that kind of knocked me off for a bit in terms of working out), but was just wondering anyway. Thanks.

tegtag

Why wait until summer '07? What about 2006? I didn't submit my application for PLC-Combined until April for this past summer (didn't even walk into the OSO's office until February 2005 for that matter).

I think you have plenty of time to PT before this summer.

Basically the deadline is whenever the last board meets. Talk to an OSO.

macattack

I'm nowhere near in shape enough to start in 06, let alone considering I've only been to the gym a few times in the last 3 months due to health issues. I've lost some muscle mass, so I think it's just better that I give myself a full 1 1/2 years to get into absolute top shape.

But otherwise, thanks for the info. Was just wondering if there was a general deadline.

Dhc2tacksby

You definetly don't need a year and a half to get into shape. I don't care how nasty your are now. With a disciplined workout you should be able to get 250 to 280ish in 6 months. For the run, do sprints. Crunches are easy, just do alot of them. Pull ups are the hardest, but do alot of them as often as you can. I gained 3 in one month working my ass off.

Thats the basics, you should be able to get a better plan in the PFT forum, and online searching.

Goodluck.

Cheers
Good luck.

macattack

Hey, never said it couldn't be done. I just don't want to put myself up for the program this summer. Simple as that.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
Why Wait?

Hey, I searched first but couldn't find anything so here goes. What's generally the deadline for PLC (specifically the Jr/Sr option) applications? I'm currently a college freshman and wouldn't go till summer 07 (had mono a couple of months ago so that kind of knocked me off for a bit in terms of working out), but was just wondering anyway. Thanks.

There's usually a board every month for PLC. It depends on the district that you're in. I would advise you to not wait until March or April. I would just go down to the office and sign up. The closer you get to summer, the less the OSO will want to be bothered with you because usually he/she has almost closed out for the year by that time. Going to OCS is not like going to enlisted boot camp. OCS only has so many beds per summer for kids. If you wait until the last minute you might find yourself out in the cold. Also, the way things are going down, the Marine Corps is lowering its requirement for pilots, so you really might not get a slot if you wait until the last minute. I hope this helps.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I'm nowhere near in shape enough to start in 06, let alone considering I've only been to the gym a few times in the last 3 months due to health issues. I've lost some muscle mass, so I think it's just better that I give myself a full 1 1/2 years to get into absolute top shape.

But otherwise, thanks for the info. Was just wondering if there was a general deadline.

Hey, if you have some reasons you don't want to go this summer, roger that. However, and don't tell anybody I said this, PLC Juniors isn't that bad. If you can pull a 225, you can pass Jrs.

Patriot

There's usually a board every month for PLC. It depends on the district that you're in. I would advise you to not wait until March or April. I would just go down to the office and sign up. The closer you get to summer, the less the OSO will want to be bothered with you because usually he/she has almost closed out for the year by that time. Going to OCS is not like going to enlisted boot camp. OCS only has so many beds per summer for kids. If you wait until the last minute you might find yourself out in the cold. Also, the way things are going down, the Marine Corps is lowering its requirement for pilots, so you really might not get a slot if you wait until the last minute. I hope this helps.

The Marine Corps is lowering its requirement for pilots? Could you please explain how and why? I'm sure it's a simple matter of supply and demand, but I did not know they were in such demand? Could it be that many will be retiring due to the high tempo of deployments?