• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC doctor approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

tegtag

I was told this week that I was selected for the upcoming PLC-Combined with an Air contract. However, my OSA said the Corpsman who looks over the med records still has to approve my Flight Physical (I apparently was special and got a flight physical for my PLC app instead of going to MEPS). He also said there is the possibility that it will never get "stamped" and I'll go through OCS without a hitch because lately the stamps (forgot the specific name) have stopped coming. I say this because I told my OSO (and flight doc) I used to be allergic to bees. I have taken allergy shots and have been tested in the last year and was determined to no longer be sensitive to bee stings. I got a note saying this from my allergist that was included in my PLC app. My OSA did not request a waiver for this so that's not what I'm waiting for. A few questions:

1. Does anyone know a more detailed procedure on how the PLC board operates? Do they select people and then pass it off to a doc who disqualifies people? Why would they tell me I'm selected without fully clearing me?

2. Could this problem pop up a NAMI if I'm approved now by way of the Corpsman or lack of the Corpsman's actions?

3. On another note, Will a broken right wrist that happened years ago disqualify me at NAMI? I have full range and strength, just another worry.

To me and my family it just seems that I have been halfway selected. We are still holding our breath. Any help is greatly appreciated.

tegtag

Well, I've decided to stop worrying about and just prepare to go June 5th (wrap things up with job, family, friends, etc). Very excited and I'll see you PLC-C guys there.

Let's show them that SNA's and SNFO's can PT just as hard.

Random question if someone can help: do we get to shoot (rifles) at OCS at all or do we have to wait for TBS for all the fun?

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I was given the impression that a flight physical would be sufficient. Having gotten a MEPS physical prior to my AVMED physical (before chosing the Marine Corps), I think its safe to say that the latter is more intensive. My OSO only submitted the flight physical with my package, and as far as i can tell thats all they need. Of course, they still have to clear you medically at in-processing...

-of course, we didn't get to do the duck walk... ah, the memories.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
tegtag said:
Random question if someone can help: do we get to shoot (rifles) at OCS at all or do we have to wait for TBS for all the fun?

Yes, if by "shoot" you mean "fire blank rounds and yell 'bang, bang' a lot." Otherwise you wait for TBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.