• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Jr. Candidates in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric1516

I was just wondering if there were any other PLC Jr. candidates who lived in NYC or New York. If so, maybe we could get some PT sessions together?

-Eric
Phil 4:13

Gonzodogg

I go to school in Michigan but I live about 45 minutes outside of NYC and will be training at home for at least a few weeks before leaving for PLC-Jrs this summer.

Are you planning on going to the 1st or 2nd increment?

eric1516

Im planning on going for the 1st one. But, I will be going back home to Indiana a couple weeks (May 15) before we report in.

bejuan99

hey, I do not live in new york city or near it, but i am going to plc juniors increment one. i go to school at suny binghamton and know three other candidates from here that are from long island area, one brooklyn, one floral park, and i am from southampton (out east).

smileyl

Eric, I live in NYC and I'm currently applying for PLC sophmores. The only thing is that after reading this site for a couple of hours I got a lot of perspectives that made me think... I want to be a pilot however I'm not sure if I want to do it with USMC or AF. My original thought was to go to PLC and then decide but it seems that a lot of people that apply for air end up on ground. I don't want to go to PLC 'just for fun' , finish it and then say "what the hell was i thinking..." My application will be complete when I take the ASVAB and I was pretty set on going, but now I'm totally confused....
Btw, where do u go to school? I'm in Baruch.

flynglthrnk

USMC PLC
That was for smileyl and this is too: You do not go into the Marine Corps to become a pilot. That should be true for anyone. You try to go into the USMC because you have the desire to be a Marine. If you want, and you are lucky, maybe you will be a pilot on the side. Me, I would be just as content being an Infantry Officer as I would being a fly boy.

eric1835

I agree with flyng, you MUST want to be a Marine first and then pilot second. But, to answer your question I go to Iona College in New Rochelle.

smileyl

I wish I knew that earlier... I know it sounds kind of stupid but I never really thought about it that way. I always wanted to become a pilot but I thought I would finish college first and then decide if I actually want to join the military and work on my goal. So one day I was at an internship fair at my school and I found out about PLC, which sounded pretty good. You go in for 6 weeks, if you like it, you accept the commision and get the air contract, if you don't, there is no obligation. So I thought to myself 'what do I have to lose, I'm going only for the summer and I'll see what military lifestyle is all about.' I got my medical done, I took the ASTB, I'm pretty much good to go but I still have mixed feelings about it. So I went to see what other people had to say on this site and now I'm really not sure if I should even do it. From what I understand if all you want to do is fly you are better in the Air Force than in any other branch. Do you think it would stupid to do the PLC just to see how it is? Because I don't know if AF has anything that you can do just for the summer w/o commitment otherwise I would definatly do that. I just want to see what I'm getting myself into before I sign that 8 year contract... Help?

eric1835

That is one of the reasons that some people do PLC. The program is designed for you to see if this something you want to do. While most people go through PLC because their ultimate goal is a commission, some go to juniors because they're unsure and this will aid them in their decision. I would say that if you want to check it out and are sure that you will at least stick with juniors all the way until its over then go for it. If, by the end of juniors you think that this is something you dont want to do then dont. Try analyze what your willing to put into it, and what your looking to get out of your service in the military because you will get more out of it than being a pilot, grunt, logistics officer or whatever.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
While doing the above is true about your decision, be careful judging the Marine Corps by your experience at OCS. I haven't even been yet, but I can tell you that the everyday life in the corps is not even one day of OCS. Just want you to keep that in mind. OCS is just a test and right of passage type deal.

smileyl

Thanks guys.

My original thought was go into PLC just to see if I can handle the military life but I also realize that its not going to be that way every day. I mean you are not going to hear someone scream to your ear on the top of their lungs every day... Another thing is if I start something, I will finish it. My take on it is why waste all that time on something, go half way and quit. I rather not do it at all! Unless I get disqualifed I'm very positive I will finish PLC, now the only thing I have to do is decide if I really want to go. I'm pretty sure that in either case I won't accept the commision but I want to go through juniors to see how far I can push myself. Well my last step is to take the ASVAB so who knows maybe if I don't pass, it wasn't meant to be or something...or maybe that means that I'm an idiot :) Well, I hope you guys have fun at PLC, I'll let you know what I decide in a couple of weeks.

reapergm

Eric, I live in Rockland County, NY. About 20 mins or so outside NYC. I am def down to meet up for some kind of PT. A buddy of mine (Army Staff Sgt. now considering PLC-Pilot) also is down for PT. I know Stevew and Wildflying are in NYC. Lemme know. I want that 300 PFT, I need some competition and a nice run with people faster than me. Also, let me know if any of you guys are in the northern Jersey or Rockland area (you too GTodd)... Can meet up around here too!

Status
Not open for further replies.