• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC-Law 189

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpt0101

Any wouldbe lawyers on this board applying for 189? Anybody in law school right now? Where and do you you like it there?

Any applying right now to law schools? Any acceptances?

I've got one from IU-Bloomington (probably my 3rd/4th choice), but I'm still jumping the mailbox each day waiting for others.

malecold

Any more law school acceptances, dpt? I'm going to apply to law school next year and hopefully be a JAG in the Corps, sounds like that's what you're interested in as well. Good luck with everything.

dpt0101

admission offers from UT-Austin, Washington and Lee, Lewis & Clark (declined), I've also declined Indiana's offer. I'm still waiting on some others before I finally decide. I didn't apply to anywhere insane like Stanford or anything. I'll probably go to UT because it's in-state, unless someone somewhere offers me a lot of money (45k+).

My advice: take as many LSAT practice exams as possible. You can buy practice exams off amazon.com, 10 tests for 24 bucks. I took only 1 full time practice and I definetly thought I could of done better. Also I was so nervous, I got almost no sleep. Take it in June (register in Jan because seats fill up fast). I took it in October and had to rush to get the apps out. Apply early, like in November. I didn't apply to some schools until 3 weeks ago. All 4 that I've heard from I applied to before Christmas. Shoot an early app to Indiana, they can make the decision by Dec 15th (also their dean of admissions is a retired Army Col.) That way, you can have something to give to your OSO before the Jan board meets. Apply to at least 6 schools, you don't know who will give you money. Good luck next year.

Oh yeah, kiss up to your professors now so they can write you letters.

malecold

Thanks for all the useful info. I'm looking forward to the application process, but it seems like a mountain of work. I registered for this June's LSAT, so I'll be putting in the hours for the test these next couple of months. Thanks again, and hopefully we'll both fulfill our goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.