• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Obligations

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Alright, the parents want to know what my obligations are if I'm accepted to PLC Jrs. I told them that if I'm selected, I have to go for atleast the first 4 weeks of the 6. My mom asked me about what I get payed, and I told her about $2000. She then asked if I get payed, do I owe the Marine Corps anything? I told her no. Am I correct on this? If I go to Jrs, graduate, come home, get payed, and decide not to go back for Srs, then I don't owe anything back to the Marines, correct? I think I'm right, but I thought I'd ask here just to make sure.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
You don't owe anything for the pay you are given while you are at OCS. However, if you come home from Juniors and elect to either take either the MCTAP (Which pays some of your college tuition) or the stipend (which is like $300 a month while you are in school) you will be obligated to either give the money back, or take your commission with some extra time commitments.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks, Taxman. How long after PLC Jrs does a candidate have to make his decision whether to return to OCS for Srs, or not to return?

OCPLCSr.05

Taxman hit it right on the head for you guys. You owe nothing back if you go to Jrs. and decide not to go back, and if you take FAP you'll get 300 a month your first yr. 350 the second and 400 the third if you are going into the program as a freshman. As far as your decision to go back to seniors... they will ask you when you are down there, so unless you REALLY dont want to go back, say yes, but you can always decline.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks OCPLSr. So, if you say yes at PLC Jr graduation, you can still decline the offer after you get back home?

OCPLCSr.05

EA, Yes, you arent bound to anything until you step on that plane really. If you have a change of heart up until then, you can back out. to my knowledge that is.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Can you back out before the board meets to look at your package? THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT I'M DOING. A guy at school was asking about the program, and he was unsure of what he wanted to do, and asked that question. I don't know why you'd submit a package, and then tell them to disreguard it. Anyways, thought I'd ask.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Dont worry EA-6B, if you dont want to go for some reason I highly doubt they will ship you anyway.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
It's not what I wanted to know. Dude here at school wanted to know. Thanks for letting me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.