• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC program, Age limit?

HotRod

Does anyone know what the current age limit is to get accepted for the PLC program? Is the age limit waiverable these days? Say for someone who got activated for 2 years and had to postpone their edumiiccation?

Thanks for any info.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Don't know the PLC limit, but there is always OCC. We had a 36 year old in our Company, as well as some other folks over 30. The oldest PLC candidate in my platoon was maybe 22 (PLC combined). Good luck!

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I did PLC Jr/Srs at 27. The age limits will be more for flight contracts.

HotRod

I'm looking to do an air contract, and you're right, the OSO would be the best contact so I'll have to give them a call. Thanks for the responses.

Hey i have a few questions mabe you guys can help me out....i am a senior in highschool and am going to college next year for aviation. do i have to enlist first to get into the PLC program or can i sign up for it right in college....i talked to a recruiter and he told me i need to enlist first, but ive heard you cans ign up while actualy in college....if anyone can please give me basic information on how to get in to it and the eligabilty for it that would be great...Thank You

mjcIII

USMC LCpl
You don't have to enlist, but there are some advantages. I am going into the Marine Corps as a 92 day reservist. The difference between a 92 day and a regular reservist is that you go to college first and will not complete training or become a full-fledged Marine (deployable) until your Senior year in college. In the mean time, up to your Junior year, you can apply for PLC. This route fills its slots quickly, but again is not required. Talk to your recruiter about it but again, the slots may be filled up already.

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
Before you make any decision, talk to your recruiter and then talk to you local OSO (the recruiter is signing up enlisted Marines, the OSO is for officers). Most PLCer's are not enlisted, your the only one who can tell if you should enlist first or not. PM me w/q's, I was a reserve Cpl before going into PLC.