• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

plc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-BASS

I recently have been accepted into the plc program, and will be leaving for ocs during the first summer session, which is around mid june until the end of july i believe. However, i have basically no information about what to bring. Whenever I ask my recruiting officer about it, he usually says not to worry and stuff like that. I is kind of getting down to the line as it is only about a month away. I wasnt even able to attend the prep ocs weekend due to a collegiate athletic event. So basically, some of the questions I have are:

1) Do i need to worry about bringing uniforms, or do I get thoes when I get there?
2) How do I find out all the stuff I need to bring, and what is not allowed?
3) Are boots something I should get ahead of time to break them in?
3) Any other comments or suggestions that I should be aware of?

As you can all pretty much see, I know basically nothing about what I am getting myself into here. Im not even sure of the exact dates that the class is! If anybody can help me out and give me some piece of mind, it will be greatly appreciated.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Search around the site there is info here. They will give you uniforms.
This is not a complete list just ideas from when I went through 10 years ago. Bring running shoes
a couple sets of good civilian clothes for libery, khakis, collared shirt polishable shoes
the clothes you wear down there will probably get trashed so plan ahead.
hygene gear get some stri dex pads (takes cammie paint off well)
good socks I recommend getting thin dress socks and then thor lo socks to wear over them.
a watch, something indestructable

That is all I can think of now search the site

Augustus

Well I am in the same boat as you. If your a college freshman/soph. then your going to PLC-Juniors. 1st Inc. will begin on May 29, 2005 and end July 8th. You can check www.ocs.usmc.mil for the exact dates.

To answer your questions:
1. Uniforms will be provided, you will need to bring around $300 to buy the items they give you.
2. go to the OCS website
3. Boots, some will bring them some will not. I will not even though it is preferred.
4. Prepare physically and study the ranks, general orders, and whatnot.

KBayDog

Bug the crap out of your OSO/OSA. They should be setting you up for success. Do YOUR job by making sure they do THEIR jobs. It's your career, my friend. Take charge of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.