• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEMAP3

going to plc this summer...have two questions.

1) do we get the camo uniforms? if so, do we get to keep them after plc?

2) how much is the pay for six weeks?

thank you

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
1) When you go to PLC juniors and you make it though in-processing, you are given 4 sets of woodland MARPAT cammies, a few covers and 2 pairs of boots as well as some other uniform items. During seniors or if you're doing PLC-Combined you also get 2 sets of desert cammies. I'm not sure what the policy is if you're dropped, but when we graduated Jrs., we took them home with us, to bring back for seniors.

2)Pay is like $1700 per month, less applicable taxes.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
One qualification to that is that all but one of those cammie blouses is going to have white nametapes sewn above the front pocket and on the back, so they're only going to be used at OCS.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Does anybody know what we can do if we are growing out of the cammies we were issued at juniors? I was issued small regs and they fit fairly well at juniors. I've kept working out and they are getting damned snug now. Can we just exchange them at cash sales? At least three of the sets I have are still servicable. Thanks.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
esday1 said:
One qualification to that is that all but one of those cammie blouses is going to have white nametapes sewn above the front pocket and on the back, so they're only going to be used at OCS.

My OCS cammies lasted through TBS and even into the fleet (but just barely).... you know you can cut the white tapes and you won't even know the difference, right?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
My advice to you is that if your going to Jrs and you make till the end and some of those other candidates who made it but don't want to come back (and they are there), then buy theirs for cheap. I bought a set for $20, vs. regular price way more than that.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Taxman2A said:
My OCS cammies lasted through TBS and even into the fleet (but just barely).... you know you can cut the white tapes and you won't even know the difference, right?

That would help a lot. I'll just have to assume you're not trying to mess with me and see if that actually works. It would be pretty funny to see a 2d lt show up at TBS with white name tape cammies, though. Just put some of that 1" gear marking tape on the other pocket and stencil on "U.S. MARINES."

Xeo111

esday1 said:
That would help a lot. I'll just have to assume you're not trying to mess with me and see if that actually works. It would be pretty funny to see a 2d lt show up at TBS with white name tape cammies, though. Just put some of that 1" gear marking tape on the other pocket and stencil on "U.S. MARINES."

Don't joke, I've thought about it.... :icon_help :watching_

:spin_125:

Status
Not open for further replies.