• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Seniors Conflict Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

howtough

Hello there,

I have a question which I hope some of you can give me some advise.

Currently, I will be entering my Senior year in the fall. (Meaning I will graduate from college in MAY 2005).
So far, I completed juniors and I was supposed to attend seniors during this summer. However, I did not attend seniors this summer because I had ACL reconstruction about six months ago (knee surgery) and want to be 100% before going down there again. When speaking to my OSO at first, they said that there was no problem in me doing Seniors after graduation; however, when I spoke to them a few weeks ago, they stated that I might have to disenroll from the program and apply again for the 10 week program.

I would appreciate any suggestions any of you might have. When talking to a friend of mine yesterday, who just came back from seniors last week, stated that he knew a couple of candidates from his platoon that were comissioned right after graduation (meaning that had graduated from college already).

Thanks for your comments in advanced

TANGO 1

Contributor
I don't think that should be any problem, i have a friend who just commisioned last week friday and he was done with college before he came back for seniors. I am in the same shoes and the OSO has not told me anything different. Be sure you understand what is going on. I would hate to do the 10 weeks thing.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I've known several guys go back to Srs "college complete". They are called "direct commission" candidates.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Black and White

howtough said:
. . . however, when I spoke to them a few weeks ago, they stated that I might have to disenroll from the program and apply again for the 10 week program.
The word is "might." Until you get that on paper, you're okay to do PLC next summer.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
i have a similar question. I am SUPPOSED to go back to Srs next summer but i was wondering if i could go to Summer school next summer instead of OCS as to be able to get done in 2 more years instead of 2 1/2 or 3. then in 2 summers go back to OCS. The only way i have been able to be on track for graduating in 4 years is by taking summer school every summer

TANGO 1

Contributor
unless you are going to be taking summer classes all summer, you might be able to make it to second increment. It will be a time off studying and all other school work. If i were to decide, i will go the OCS anyway and get it over with, and then focus on graduating. Tit will also give you motivation to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.