• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC, Srs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisAg05

I'm hoping to go to my first OCS session this summer (just contracted yesterday), so I was talking to my friend in class who is waiting to go to his senior summer. I had assumed that the 1st summer was the big time weed out stage and the 2nd was more evaluation, but he told me it is the opposite. He said his friend was in a platoon of about 50 guys and only 13 graduated (albeit a flesh-eating virus swept through the barracks and took a big chunk of candidates with it, I CAN'T WAIT).

So is this true? Am I looking at a cake walk this summer?
icon_smile_wink.gif

DBLang

PLC Candidate
The word is they do in fact turn up the heat at seniors, not to mention you have to complete SULE II.

SemperFitz

Expert in Nameology
Chris, I have graduated both Juniors and PLC-C...long story. From talking to the guys that went through seniors, it is significantly more intense than juniors...however, I wouldn't say you are looking at a cake walk exactly! You will get your ass handed to you at both, just more so at seniors. Just get in shape stay focused and you'll do fine.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
The Marine Corps wants people who go to Jrs to return for Srs and thats why it seems as though it has eased up some. There are mind games in every company Charlie, India, and Echo. It all comes down to the Platoon staff just how intense your training is. I went to Jrs this past summer and it was way more relaxed then what people I talked to had said it would be based on their experiences just the year prior. Good luck this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.