• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTIGirlVR6

Okay first off...at PLC jrs. do they have co-ed companies? Does a person have the ability to have that as a preferrence? I know it sucks for the guys in a co-ed but its good for the females to be held to a high standard....and to break up all that female crap that goes on..

d_bossart

When I was in juniors there was a female platoon in our company. When I went back for seniors there was no female platoon because not enough females came back. The females that did come back for seniors were lumped in with Golf company (NROTC). You do not have a choice of what company you get put in. Unless things have changed, you will be in a co-ed company both times.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
GTIGirlVR6 said:
Okay first off...at PLC jrs. do they have co-ed companies? Does a person have the ability to have that as a preferrence? I know it sucks for the guys in a co-ed but its good for the females to be held to a high standard....and to break up all that female crap that goes on..

Yes, you will certainly be in a co-ed company, as there are never enough female candidates to have their own company. By Co-Ed company, I mean that you will be in an all female platoon that is administratively part of a company with 5 other male platoons. However, PT is never done above the platoon level (except for PFT and motivational run at the end), so you will do all your physical events with other females. Also, I understand the female platoons go on different courses than the rest of the companies during humps.

At TBS, however, you will be put into a training company with the rest of the guys. Most TBS platoons have 1 or 2 females.

GTIGirlVR6

Ahh I see...I got some bad info that basically said there were co-ed platoons which seemed weird but...they have done it before in boot so...I figure I'd ask. And ?????? trongod??????

whoa there killer... the female platoon during second incrament (because there's only one, no matter the numbers) goes on exactly the same humps as all the guys and at a comparative pace. don't let anyone tell you differently: the girls do everything the guys do. i'm just excited for OCS this summer to see how we all work together, regardless of being an all-female platoon amidst hundreds of guys.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
MADarmstrong said:
whoa there killer... the female platoon during second incrament (because there's only one, no matter the numbers) goes on exactly the same humps as all the guys and at a comparative pace. don't let anyone tell you differently: the girls do everything the guys do. i'm just excited for OCS this summer to see how we all work together, regardless of being an all-female platoon amidst hundreds of guys.

Yes... at at comparative pace... as in they do not hump with the male platoons. Don't worry, you'll get a chance to hike with the guys at TBS. When I was actually at OCS several years ago the female platoon started off with the guys and then broke off on their own course and met up with the guys later. Not sure how they do it today.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
GTIGirlVR6 said:
I got some bad info that basically said there were co-ed platoons which seemed weird but...they have done it before in boot so...

Not in Marine Corps boot camp they haven't! The army is a different story.

Reactions: bch

d_bossart

Diddo with taxman. You will start off with the males on the humps, but the females break off on the longer humps and then meet back up with the males later.

Status
Not open for further replies.