• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pneumonia before OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midshipmanjosh

Two weeks ago i caught pneumonia. I have gotten it treated and everything(4 days hospital stay).

But i was wondering if anyone else has has pneumonia and how long did it take before you could start running again?

Also, would there be any harm with me doing OCS this summer having just had pneumonia?

Thanks.

FlyingFortress

Flying turd
I caught pneumonia during football season a few years ago. Got a prescription and missed 1 full week of practices and a game. Was back running my a$$ off with the rest of the team a week later. Interestingly enough, after a week off I came back rejuvinated and worked my tail off. Two weeks later I saw my first varsity action as a freshman on a team that was ranked #5 in the nation at that time. Good memories.

CitizenReloaded

i got bronchitus/pneumonia at OCS and got to skip one run.

really though, everyone gets sick. When you have hundreds of guys running around, mixing germs, with hygine as a last priority (how many of you OCS grads skipped the 20 sec shower to make more square away time?) then you're going to get sick.

just keep your feet clean, above all else.

Status
Not open for further replies.