• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PNS Leadership Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit

Just wondering if anyone here had recieved a 3 1/2 year "PNS Leadership Scholarship"? What were your stats like, how big a detachment, any pointers on what to do? Thanks in advance.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Heh. Heh heh. I could make a quite a few jokes about being a 'PNS scholar' and whatnot, but this is a govt computer and I like staying out of prison.

What's a PNS scholarship? Never heard of it before. Just curious.

Hermit

As I understand it is awarded at the end of your first semester by your Professor of Naval Science (unit CO?). It covers the last 3 1/2 years of school. Only one per unit I think.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Hmm. Doesn't sound like a bad deal, not that it would matter much to me now. I'll keep my ear to the ground to become an Olmstead scholar in a few (quite a few, actually) years.

erk

I got one of those about three years ago, the way they did it in my unit (one of the largest in the nation) is they sent up all qualifying college program students to NETC for the national 3-year scholarship and whoever didn't get that was considered for the PNS scholarship. My stats weren't overwhelming, 2.9 first semester gpa, sat high pfa (under the old system, adjusted for today's standards it would probably be a good high). However, I got picked up over someone with a 3.6 simply because I had a better attitude than her and the staff knew that and took it into account when they awarded the scholarship.

Bottom line, if you have started taking the calc/physics required of scholarship mids, make in the neighborhood of a 3.0, have a commissionable pfa score, and don't have any aptitude problems you should be good to go.

PS-Make your own decision about this one, but I told them that I would have difficulty paying for school if I didn't get that PNS ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.