• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PO boxes

CitizenReloaded

I hear that, for a new 2LT at TBS, a PO box is invaluable. After getting letters at OCS that were postmarked two weeks prior, I understand why.

I was wondering, however, where the best place to get a box is. There is a USPS office in quantico, but does this office deal with civilian or military mail? would it just be better to get the box at the Triangle or Dumfries post office?

thanks for any help. 7 days before my cross-country drive!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I'd love to know that too. Hey brother ... Im making the same drive too. Washington state to Quantico. Where you coming from? Also, how much time are you giving yourself for the drive?

s/f

BILLDO

Liable to get caught on a trip wire...
Go out the back gate to the first stop light, hang a right, the post officer will be on the right side of the street about 2 miles up or so, there's a big flagpole in the front, it'll sneak up on you since it's so small, if you get to the big gas station that's brand new on the left side of the street, you went 75 yards too far. :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would recommend a box at Mail Boxes Etc instead. PO Boxes cannot receive FedEx or UPS shipments, only USPS. There is (or was back in 02) a MBE in the little shopping center next to WalMart in Garrisonville.

44 Mine Rd if I recall.

usmcecho4

pilot
You don't need a PO box, just a mail rep who actually does his job. No one in my plt had one (if anyone needed anything quickly they just had it sent to a married Lts house and got it that way).

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
squeeze said:
I would recommend a box at Mail Boxes Etc instead. PO Boxes cannot receive FedEx or UPS shipments, only USPS. There is (or was back in 02) a MBE in the little shopping center next to WalMart in Garrisonville.

44 Mine Rd if I recall.

I second that. I used Mail Boxes Etc. and I am so glad I did. They are extremely nice there and VERY helpful. It's more expensive than the USPS, but then again, its great to have a safe place for packages and whatnot. Definitely use them.

And yes, it's still in the same spot next to Wal-Mart on Garrisonville Rd.