• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post career GI Bill Use question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcb3803

Just wanted to throw a question out there to see if anyone has any personal experience or knowledge about something.

Can a helicopter pilot who is getting out of the Marine Corps use the GI Bill to get multi-engine ratings and hours to set himself up for corporate/regional flight employment? Any and all input is greatly appreciated from all those fine sharp minds out there on this forum!

MasterBates

Just wanted to throw a question out there to see if anyone has any personal experience or knowledge about something.

Can a helicopter pilot who is getting out of the Marine Corps use the GI Bill to get multi-engine ratings and hours to set himself up for corporate/regional flight employment? Any and all input is greatly appreciated from all those fine sharp minds out there on this forum!

First, search is your friend.

Second, did you just reply to the first fvcking thread you read, or did this seem like a good thread to ask about GI Bill benefits?

Fvcking Marines.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None

Why don't you worry about getting through flight school before padding your credentials for a plush FedEx job.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why don't you worry about getting through flight school before padding your credentials for a plush FedEx job.
What makes you think that bcb3803 hasn't finished flight school and is in fact getting ready to leave the Marine Corps?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

Or we could politely remind him that search is a good idea and answer his question...:sleep_125

Your GI Bill...can be used for any approved (and I believe the term is accredited...check that though) aviation training other than your PPC.

MasterBates

What makes you think that bcb3803 hasn't finished flight school and is in fact getting ready to leave the Marine Corps?

Lack of wings

Lack of profile info

Lack of motivation to not only search, but post in an appropriate thread. This was cut off from a mishap thread.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
First, search is your friend.

Second, did you just reply to the first fvcking thread you read, or did this seem like a good thread to ask about GI Bill benefits?

Fvcking Marines.

How do you know he's a Marine? I can ask a question about the Navy, but it doesn't make me gay.

bcb3803

Hey ***************************************************I've been in for 12 years, cobra pilot for 6 and after hearing about this forum, my nephew signed up to post because he overheard his aunt (my wife) express her questions and hopes about the aforementioned subject to another family member.. So, I appreciate my nephew's desire to pursue information on his aunt's behalf and to MB and anyone else who thinks it appropriate to put forth brash statements, hope to see ********************************

I have ample experience and contacts to get any questions answered that I might have.

***WELL, WHY DON'T YOU GO SIT ON THE BENCH FOR A WHILE SINCE YOU DON'T NEED THIS FORUM ANYWAY???***

MasterBates

BCB3803,

I would think that a Marine that has been in for 12 years would have the sense not to post a question in a mishap thread, which I feel was not a suitable post for the thread. If I understand you right..

You are saying your nephew signed up in December 2003, posted a question out of the blue about you because of something he overheard his aunt (your wife) ask, the first post on an almost 4 year old account, and then you decide to jump in on your nephews' account when he is given the same ration of crap and ballbusting anyone else would get?

My bad for assuming the poster was a Marine, but normally people who know enough to be asking that question, but not enough to do a search, tend to have the sense to not post it in a MISHAP thread.

And if you want to get in a pissing contest, I have been in 8 years, and Winged aviator for almost 5 of them. You may be senior, but I am not some jabroni that thinks he knows everything because he just got winged yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.