• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-OCS sign-on bonuses?

PRIMUS

I was recently selected for OCS and am currently awaiting for the "good-to-go" from the medical board. While I wait for my OCS start date, does anyone know if the Navy pays for the moving expenses other than the plane ticket to Newport? I have a whole house full of furniture that I need to move 1000 miles back to my hometown...or wherever I end up. My recruiter was not entirely sure and had to get with his CO on the topic. Also, are there sign-on bonuses or other agreements that are entitled to me? I know there are for enlisted folks.....but i haven't heard too much about what is offered for officer programs. I have yet to ask my recruiter about it and thought I'd start here. Just curious.....thanks.

-Primus

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
According to my recruiter, since your commission is not guarunteed, you are entitled to nothing until you graduate OCS. Moreover, the clock doesn't start ticking on your obligation until you graduate OCS, either.