• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-Ship Checklist

E6286

OCC 191 Select
On the Pre-Ship checklist there is a question relating to having glasses. I have a pair that I never wear other than at night while driving and the eye doc at my flight phys. said I really dont' need them, will I have to list them and get glasses for use at OCS or what? What happens to the pre-ship checklist? Is it just for our OSOs or is it following me down to Quantico?

motiv8r

If you wear glasses you should bring them. They will issue you BCGs free of charge. I had glasses for PLC juniors and then had eye surgery before seniors. My vision was bad enough that I had to wear them all the time. For the guys who were borderline, my staff was actually pretty laid back about candidates wearing/ not wearing glasses on a daily basis. Your staff may be different, however. As far as the pre-ship checklist goes, it's not something that they actually check per se. As far as I recall it doesn't even go down to OCS with you. It's more a basic means of control so that your OSO doesn't make himself look bad by sending down unqualified/unprepared candidates.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
That's what I was wondering, thanks. If it doesn't go down to OCS then I will likely tell my OSO I don't want to bring them. I am 20/25 in one eye and 20/30 in another. Kinda pointless to wear the glasses if you ask me.

motiv8r

good decision. the quigley is fun enough enough as it is. having to navigate it while trying to see through mud-covered BCGs really enhances the experience in a way you might not enjoy so much.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
So does anybody else know if I can successfully not tell OCS staff that I have a script or if I can request not getting them?

Or that the checklist doesn't go down there with me?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Nobody is going to ask you if you need glasses. Don't bring your script. If by chance somebody at medical asks about it, tell them you didn't bring it and that you see just fine. Unless you carry records down there pertaining to something, they aren't going to know about it. They will start you a medical record.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Maybe, I did all that trash after OCS...plus I was jr/sr so I got a year at home before TBS.