• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Preliminary Service Selection Numbers Released. What implications does this have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnabdt

The projected numbers for service selection out of NROTC have been released. I am interested to hear what the pros and cons of this may be, and if these number lie outside out of the norm. Out of the 600 plus NROTC graduates in 2009, the numbers are predicted to split as follows. (I applied for Aviator as my number 1)

Aviator - 217
NFO - 45
EOD - 10
SEAL - 16
Nuke - 110
SWO - 210

Is it typical to have this many slots for the aviation community? Obviously this a good thing as far as odds of getting a pilot slot goes, but could they be overrecruiting? If it is not typical to have this many slots, why the sudden surge and what does this mean for flight school?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One thread on the identical subject is enough, Junior.

Preliminary Service Selection Numbers Released

Closed & locked.

Concur, as a newbie, perhaps you didn't notice that forum has several nifty features like this one in top right corner: Unread Posts since your last visit. All unread posts will be arrayed for you upon selection. Double posting a topic like you just did creates a virtual echo. Posting it once is enough for visitors to see it. Mods will decide if it merits duplication or needs to be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.