• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pres. Bush on the Carrier

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Hey Guys,

When I worked for the Bush-Cheney campaign we would give out little posters and various other things to make people love us. I kept a few and I've had them proudly hanging in my room since the election! Last night, me and a buddy noticed something in one of them and I was wondering if anyone knew what was up. Why is the yellow-shirt saluting with his left hand?

-HD

Attachments

• bushpic.jpg
    bushpic.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 399

IRfly

None
Looks like he's got a bos'n's whistle in his right hand...Either that, or he's from Moveon.org and got away with intentionally disrespecting the president. D@mn left-wingers!!

Here's my question: The Viking has windshield wipers? Which other jets do? All but the Hornet? I would have thought that most jets would fly too fast for them.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
1. Looks like he's got a bos'n's whistle in his right hand...Either that, or he's from Moveon.org and got away with intentionally disrespecting the president. D@mn left-wingers!!

2. Here's my question: The Viking has windshield wipers? Which other jets do? All but the Hornet? I would have thought that most jets would fly too fast for them.

1. You get double credit ... as either answer COULD be correct. Except the guys is awful big and burly (yellow-shirt: probably an Aviation Bosun') and probably not a member of Moveon .....

2. Boeings have 'em, for example. Most transport category have them. You just don't use 'em at .86 Mach. You have a wet windshield (that should be obvious -- but some guys .... ) wherein you'd be slow enough that the windstream won't "remove" the water from the windshield. Like in a take-off or landing evolution or final approach with significant precipitation ....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
They gave him pilot wings??
Well, he is a former TANG pilot and he DOES "own" the airplane he came aboard in ... courtesy and all.

I seem to remember Pres. Clinton sporting Wings on his flight jacket when he came aboard USS BOAT for a photo op. Now where did he go to flight school ... ??? :eek:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, he is a former TANG pilot and he DOES "own" the airplane he came aboard in ... courtesy and all.

I seem to remember Pres. Clinton sporting Wings on his flight jacket when he came aboard USS BOAT for a photo op. Now where did he go to flight school ... ??? :eek:

Yeah, I'm ok with President Bush sporting wings... he actually did fly military. It's not like he goes around wearing em everyday, it was for that moment in time.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I'm ok with President Bush sporting wings... he actually did fly military. It's not like he goes around wearing em everyday, it was for that moment in time.

I wonder if they let Clinton wear honorary Tridents when he ran with the SEALs at Coronado... :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Either that, or he's from Moveon.org and got away with intentionally disrespecting the president. D@mn left-wingers!!

Though the right hand is preferred, left-handed salutes are entirely apropos if your right hand is occupied or out of commission. It's most commonly seen (at least in photos) when someone is being piped aboard, but the other day I got one from a sailor whose right arm was in a sling. Note, though, that this is a Navy/MC thing. We can salute left-handed, but never uncovered. Army/AF are the exact opposite. They can salute uncovered, but never left-handed.

PS: 1,000 posts! Yay me!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats... now watch Fly reset your post count. :D

I'm not that powerful.

vaderbeggar.jpg