• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Previous AF aviator, do I have to do SERE again?

rafelos1337

Hey everyone, I am an SNFO currently half way through VT-4. They are going to be cutting orders soon and I don't want to do SERE again. Before this, I was a flight engineer in the Air Force. I am hoping they will waive the need to go to SERE since I already did it in the AF. I am unsure who to talk to or who to call to get this done. Has anyone been in this situation? My class adviser hasn't been much help. Thanks guys.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No you do not have to attend SERE again, just provide your previous training qual to the Plans & Production Officer (the guy/gal that does selections and placement) and they should contact the detailer to ensure your orders do not have SERE school as an I-Stop. I too attended SERE as an enlisted guy. No issues.

rafelos1337

Thank you for the information. I was concerned because I did SERE in another branch. I take it you did yours in the Navy? I hope that wouldn't be and issue but I can just hear them saying, "Oh, but that wasn't Navy SERE. I'm sure AF SERE was a vacation with and included stay at the Hilton." Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's all DoD training, just conducted at different sites by different services. If you can show your certification, you're good to go.

There was a j.g. pilot in my SERE class who had done SERE as prior AF aircrew. He assumed he had to redo it because it was in his orders as an I-stop and the Navy's never wrong. Didn't find out otherwise until he was back in Brunswick after the Camp. Doh!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a j.g. pilot in my SERE class who had done SERE as prior AF aircrew. He assumed he had to redo it because it was in his orders as an I-stop and the Navy's never wrong. Didn't find out otherwise until he was back in Brunswick after the Camp. Doh!
Holy fuckballs. A - that's utterly horrible. B - that guy is/was a moron to not even ask the question. But not enough of a moron for that to be in any way, shape, or form appropriate karmic justice.