• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary EP's audio

jnb921

I remember a while back reading that someone had put all the T-34 Emergency Procedures in an audio format to download and play on an ipod or computer. Just wondering if anyone knew where to find them, did a search and couldn't find anything. Thanks

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
This isn't the SAT. The study methods you (and me too!) are used to will NOT be as effective as the methods suggested to you. Bust out your PCL. Go over it and make sure you have it as verbatim as possible. Next, go out to the micro-sim, or even better a static T-34 and have your buddies throw EP's at you. If you can do it there (with distractions), then you're not bad off. Hearing someone else say em on your way to work won't do diddly squat.

Gitr

They are also on Marinegouge.com They aren't bad. Many say that they are worthwhile to keep fresh after stage 1 is over

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Its one thing to have an EP memorized and another to know why you are doing certain steps at certain times. Thinking that through has helped me more effectively memorize and understand the circumstances.

Rubiks06

pilot
This isn't the SAT. The study methods you (and me too!) are used to will NOT be as effective as the methods suggested to you. Bust out your PCL. Go over it and make sure you have it as verbatim as possible. Next, go out to the micro-sim, or even better a static T-34 and have your buddies throw EP's at you. If you can do it there (with distractions), then you're not bad off. Hearing someone else say em on your way to work won't do diddly squat.

I used them on my hour drive in in the morning. Mostly to see if i could beat the person talking. I got pretty good at it and it works great for written stuff or spitting them out verbally. I will agree that sitting in one of the static trainers and haveing a buddy give you random ep's will help your hand eye coordination 10 fold.

Raptor2216

I have about the worst memory known to man kind...just a few steps above an Alzheimer patient. With that said, I actually didn't have a very hard time memorizing the EP's, including notes, warnings, and cautions verbatim. My method was to break out the PCL each night and memorize a couple EP's each day. To break it down even more, I would memorize each EP sentence by sentence. Once I had the first sentence down, I moved onto the second and so forth. I also reviewed each EP I memorized the day before until I had it down cold. Now this works great for the pure memorization but you still have to practice it to be efficient in the A/C. For that, just memorize the actual procedures and practice them over and over again...chair flying or practicing in the sim. The actual procedure actually aren't that difficult. If you do this, I can guarantee you will be able to spit out the entire EP word for word in the plane...which equates to "5's".

RunninUte

Ute Nation
I downloaded these on my Ipod and used them for a little bit, but found that it was better to go in and just get that muscle memory from the trainer.

....Then came the PRT with my Ipod ready full of rob zombie and pump you up songs for the run. Select random play and halfway through the run still feeling fresh thanks to some great songs, all of a sudden the ditching EP came over the Ipod and man what a total downer. Energy just melted away :icon_tong

So remember to remove them all from your ipod if you use it for working out/PRT

RunninUte

Ute Nation
Its one thing to have an EP memorized and another to know why you are doing certain steps at certain times. Thinking that through has helped me more effectively memorize and understand the circumstances.

I agree with this 100%. You will find later from some instructors that they will expect you to know the EP, but then will ask you why you are doing a certain step. It caught me on one of my briefs that I got complacent with just spitting out an EP and not thinking about why I am actually doing the steps.

Knowing why you are doing steps will make them 10x easier, and will save you from that form brief or later on brief where they ask you to go into detail about why.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Fake it until you make it. Verbatim memorization will carry you through early fams, until the point where you have to think about what you're doing and why. For the record, I'm a fan of the EP MP3's, and have made them for all 3 aircraft thus far.

Jester

pilot
I agree with flytpay on knowing why you're doing a step or procedure to help learning EP's. This is where having a decent handle on systems knowledge helps. I don't have the best memory so when learning EP's I allways study up on the system the EP applies to and try to break the procedure down into a common sense approach. Plus there might be times when a certain procedure might not work with compound emergencies, so knowing why a step is in a procedure would help in those not so definitve situations (I guess this is where judgement and common sense come into play).

nvrg1vup

I know it's been awhile since the original post, but reading the post again makes it all anew.

Respectfully, I shouldn't be reading this. --Bust out your PCL?--It's good to give advisory information, but it's tough for everyone that's going or has gone through primary. You should know it's different for everyone and it's not until you find a serious source, a good friend or some "way of thinking" that makes it easier to disseminate the information given to you. In addition, I think we need to be open to those with new ideas, or with information that could help. Nothing personal, but it's really good sportsmanship.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I used the audio EPs in the car during my 35 minute commute. It helps, especially when you can't be looking at flash cards!