• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Printed Pubs?

raddie

Hey all,

I class up at TW-5 at Whiting in a month or so and had a question:

What pubs are printed and given to us via physical copies when we class up? (NATOPS, FTIs, Ground School Modules, etc) I believe we get some digital documents on iPads but I am a big highlighter guy so want to be able to study with a physical paper in most cases.

Just curious so that I know if I need to order some prints through Office Depot since most of the documents are available for download through T6B Driver.

Thanks!

jointhelocalizer

pilot
You get all the FTIs, NATOPS, FWOP, JPPT, IFG, and PCL. The ground school texts are supplements to the NATOPS and CAIs. They are on T-6B Driver.

You aren't allowed to highlight the NATOPS, FWOP, IFG or PCL as they are communal use. You can highlight the JPPT and FTIs to your heart's content since they are your pubs. You can also make pen and ink changes to the IFG as required by Read and Initial changes to SOPs.

A work around for this is that you can go into Book Issue and ask for the electronic pubs (including the ground school texts) to be emailed to you. You can then send the links to Office Depot and they can give you personal copies.

raddie

You get all the FTIs, NATOPS, FWOP, JPPT, IFG, and PCL. The ground school texts are supplements to the NATOPS and CAIs. They are on T-6B Driver.

You aren't allowed to highlight the NATOPS, FWOP, IFG or PCL as they are communal use. You can highlight the JPPT and FTIs to your heart's content since they are your pubs. You can also make pen and ink changes to the IFG as required by Read and Initial changes to SOPs.

A work around for this is that you can go into Book Issue and ask for the electronic pubs (including the ground school texts) to be emailed to you. You can then send the links to Office Depot and they can give you personal copies.
Thanks for the info! Much clearer and straight forward than just hearing stuff through the grapevine.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Hey all,

I class up at TW-5 at Whiting in a month or so and had a question:

What pubs are printed and given to us via physical copies when we class up? (NATOPS, FTIs, Ground School Modules, etc) I believe we get some digital documents on iPads but I am a big highlighter guy so want to be able to study with a physical paper in most cases.

Just curious so that I know if I need to order some prints through Office Depot since most of the documents are available for download through T6B Driver.

Thanks!
Can't speak for TW-5, but out here in Corpus each primary squadron has a share drive that students can download PDFs of official pubs from. I imagine VT-2/3/6 have the same. Just ask an LT for it on check-in.