• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior enlisted who wants to go nuke

sonarchick

I found this site a few months ago, and although I know it is primarily for pilots and those seeking to become pilots, I have found it to be incredibly useful and informative. I am aiming for the NUPOC program. I am wrapping up my second semester of college and will be starting my physics and calculus classes next semester. I like to plan ahead as far in advance as I can, and I had a few concerns.
I am prior enlisted, and left active duty thanks to a program called Perform To Serve. Rather than dwelling on what I lost and what could have been, I am seizing the opoportunity to go after my long time dream of being an officer aboard submarines. Will my PTS denial cause any issues when I later submit my packet?
After my PTS was denied, I tried to join the Navy Reserves in order to maintain some sort of association with the Navy. One year of never ending paperwork later, I found out that my move to enter in the reserves under a different rate had been denied as well. Will that be a cause any problems?
Or am I nuking it?
Thank you all for your time and assistance.

exNavyOffRec

at this time neither will cause any issues, might be a little waiver for RE code but that is it.

I will tell you that you will need to apply early for NUPOC to become a female sub officer, after the intial "outfitting" they are only bringing in 2-3 per year via OCS, I believe I was told that due to bringing in one extra FY12 they are only going to bring in 1 for FY13.

You will also need to maintain a high GPA, they put out they only want females with high GPA's to go sub as there are so few per year.

sonarchick

The earliest I will be able to apply will be in December of this year, as that is when I will have two semesters of calculus based physics and calculus.
My GPA is a 3.5, I'll work on raising it higher.
Is there anything else I should do to make my packet more competitive when the times comes to submit it?
Again, thank you very much for your assistance.

exNavyOffRec

All the NR screeners care about is grades, if there is a spot for female sub they will say you can interview, if not they won't.

When is your graduation mo/yr

BackOrdered

Contributor
I did BDCP sometime back, but I would say your stats make you a contender for any program. Keep up the hard work, you'll get it!

sonarchick

Thank you very much for the words of encouragement; for the past year I've been told by all types of people on seemingly all fronts that I can't or shouldn't do it. I don't pay much attention to them. It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one, and not everyone thinks I should give up.