• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior Marine DEP

adam284

I'll try to keep it short and simple: After high school, I was in the Delayed Entry Program for the Marines and had a ship date but had to back out for a health emergency with my father. I'm about to graduate college and am looking to pursue OCS. Will my backing out of the DEP after high school come off as a red flag to any boards/recruiters? I had a (at least what I consider to be) a good reason for doing so but for the sake of simplicity I won't explain it here in detail unless any of you may think it matters. Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'll try to keep it short and simple: After high school, I was in the Delayed Entry Program for the Marines and had a ship date but had to back out for a health emergency with my father. I'm about to graduate college and am looking to pursue OCS. Will my backing out of the DEP after high school come off as a red flag to any boards/recruiters? I had a (at least what I consider to be) a good reason for doing so but for the sake of simplicity I won't explain it here in detail unless any of you may think it matters. Thanks.

In short: No.
Longer answer: This and other questions ask your officer recruiter.