• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior Service? Headed to OCS? Read This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Hello from the great white north!

Its friggin cold up here in Chicago!

Yesterday I talked to the head of CNRC. I was trying to figure out what the deal was with me getting bumped. Anyway, he explained how he is only sending X amount of SNA's to OCS in a given month. Roughly 15 slots out of the 60 in an OCS class can be aviators. This is due to the long waits in API. Especially since the Academy grads and ROTC guys will be heading to P'cola about the same time that the Feb-Apr OCS classes graduate.

So, he tells me that he just got back from P'cola with a pow wow with the OCS brass. Seems that there has been numerous problems with prior service guys. He looks at my prior service and my age, old mans club , and gives me the speach. He tells me that the prior service guys of late, are being a pain in the butt down at OCS. Seems that the priors are not playing the game. They dont take the gunnys or the senior OCS classmen yelling at them. Says prior have a bad attitude of late. He tells me that when I get there to play the game and I'll be fine. He also said to know the gouge. Then it got sorta funny. He had me on the speakerphone and a LT and LCDR were with him. The LCDR had my prior service stuff. The Capt was starting to tell me what type of shape to be in when the LCDR mumbles something about me being in SPEC Ops and EOD. He laughed and said well nevermind. I sorta laughed as well guessing they didnt see my age! Oh well, this is just a word to the wise about attitude. It seems to me that there will be changes soon to deal with bad attitudes. So buck up and play the game. Hey its only 13 weeks.

Dave

Edited by - EodDave on 02/28/2002 21:33:23

Status
Not open for further replies.