• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior Service

spotter

I have been roaming around this site for awhile now and found a bunch of great info. However, a little nervous to ask a question because it may have been asked 5,000 times. Well here goes my first post. I have 4 years prior service as a GM3. I am 28 years old and will graduate from Azusa Pacific University in APR07. My GPA isn't great @ 3.1 in Human Development (not a technical field). I currently teach high school math. I feel that the main thing that will help is prior service and getting PPL. I have a few good LOR's lined up as well. I know that I will just submit my app and see what happens, but I would like to know from any ones wealth of knowledge what the history of how similar packages did. I am applying SNA/SNFO/SUPPLY. ANy info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is a waste of your time.

spotter

Thx

I have scrolled through that thread many times. I am just not sure how much of a disadvantage I have, not having a technical degree.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have scrolled through that thread many times. I am just not sure how much of a disadvantage I have, not having a technical degree.

Probably not enough to worry about. There are plenty of officers with non-technical majors.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Without a great GPA, what would you expect a strong package pick me up to be?

Focus on the things you can control like getting a sh!t hot ASTB score and securing the aforementioned LORs (the higher rank the better, usually).

Brett

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Prior service, good test scores, great LORs, good PFA, extra-curriculars / sports, CURRENTLY TEACH HIGH SCHOOL MATH!!!! All of those things could outweigh GPA. Everything everyone has told me about the application process is that the board looks at you as a whole person, and it seems like you've got a good variety of life experiences.

Also, whether this is bum gouge or not, my recruiter seems to believe that for people who already have a degree, GPA is not as important as other factors like test scores. The explanation I was given was that you already graduated--there is no risk that you won't finish your degree.

Anyway, best of luck to you.

spotter

Thanks man

Yeah I have done a few things and hopefully, like you said, my experiences + great prior service will prevail! I also coach High School Baseball. Go Hawks!