• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK surgery

Travis2688

I am currently in the BDCP program, designator NFO...my question is this..can I get PRK surgery and then re-apply as pilot? or am I not allowed to get the surgery since I am already in the BDCP program.. ? Any advice?

Travis2688

Prk in BDCP

I am currently in the BDCP program, designator NFO...my question is this..can I get PRK surgery and then re-apply as pilot? or am I not allowed to get the surgery since I am already in the BDCP program.. ? Any advice?

Travis2688

sorry..this is just kind of important..my OR is not exactly helpful and I need some answers..just wanted to make sure it was seen...Someone once told me, "Nobody cares about your career more than you." This is my career, and I don't want to settle being a NFO (nothing wrong with NFO at all, i just want to fly)..I want the front seat..so I need to know what to do in this situation..

nugget61

pilot
Little trigger happy with the create new thread button?
I was told that PRK is a no-go after you sign the line for BDCP. I would imagine that since you're already "in" you'd have to go for a lateral transfer (pre-ocs maybe? I don't know how that works) but I don't think you can leave the program to reapply.
What'd your OR say?

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
sounds like a question for your recruiter...

I'm not trying to be smart-ass, I just don't know and I bet your OR does.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Multi posting is not the best way to get an answer. The world will not explode.

torpedo0126

sorry..this is just kind of important..my OR is not exactly helpful and I need some answers..just wanted to make sure it was seen...Someone once told me, "Nobody cares about your career more than you." This is my career, and I don't want to settle being a NFO (nothing wrong with NFO at all, i just want to fly)..I want the front seat..so I need to know what to do in this situation..

now while I am not experienced, I do have more than you, and I can tell you your treading a fine line...

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I don't believe you're allowed to get the knife while in the program. You may be able to redesignate post-OCS though. It's a tough road but a few have done it, from what I understand.

Lobster

If you wanted to be a pilot so badly why did you "settle" (as you called it) for NFO? And by the way from what I've heard NFO still means you're an Officer in the kick ass Navy. I think I heard somewhere that its a pretty cool career too...