• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pro recd to final select

vaportrail

what is the average duration from pro recd to final select? Im sure it varies but what are the snags that cause a longer wait time?

schwarti

Contributor
It varies. I've been waiting for mine since August, and there are a ka-jillion things that can hold you up - many of those deal with having to get waivers. Search around the site and you'll get an idea.

If your recruiter is willing to do the PFA, EPSQ and MEPS before you submit to the board for prorec, then you can speed things up quite a bit. Although it seems lately a number of people have had to wait a bit longer for the EPSQ to clear. There's really no answer to this question, because the spread is so large that there's no point in even expecting to hear a response in a certain amount of time.

vaportrail

Thanks for the responses. Here in houston i did the prt and meps before sending my kit off to the board for recommendation. As for the background check they do that at headquarters, no? Im just wondering when ill be headed to rhode island to face this challenge.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I submitted packet with everything Jan 07. Paperwork got lost and wasn't found until August (some members are a HUGE help, he knows who im talking about) and pro-rec in September 07. Medical was cleared in October and my background was cleared in November. The biggest hurdle was getting my background cleared (due to administrative reasons I heard)for my final select which also happened in November. I report to OCS Jan 19th.

As you can see it took me almost 1 year for this. I submitted everything to the first board as well. Just make sure you keep up on where your paperwork is because sh!t can happen. Good Luck!

The Stoic

Holy crap man, a Year?! I having been working on mine for three months but recruiter said I should get final select by next week. I just did MEPS today, that was interesting. There should be a thread about MEPS experiences, hmm...

schwarti

Contributor
There should be a thread about MEPS experiences, hmm...

There are... sometimes, anecdotes and horror stories are buried in other threads, but I know I've seen (and posted) at least a few. Not saying yours is bad, just sayin' there are some things around. :D

vaportrail

skim, congratulations on that. I'm just hoping the powers that be can get my letter out before Christmas. I was hoping for an OCS date in mid January. What a great time to celebrate my 24th birthday haha