• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Problems locating OSO

Soks

Ok, so I went to www.marineofficer.com and filled out an information request form in hopes of locating my local OSO (can't go to RSS to ask... don't know where my local one is anyways... and I'm sick of RSS).

Anyways, I get an email back that says:

"I invite you to learn more about what it means to be an officer in the
Marine Corps by contacting your local Marine Corps Officer Selection
Officer."

Umm... so what do I do now? I really want to speak to an OSO immediately because I was hoping to get into PLC jr this summer (probably has to be next) but I have a few questions that need clerifying.

Sorry to ask what is probably a silly question, but I read elsewhere on this site that to find your OSO you goto marineofficers.com and a 2ndLt I met that said he'd find mine for me... didn't exacly pull through... maybe he's just busy I hope, but it's been half a month.

Anyways the only other choice I can think of is the University of Chicago which I hear has a semper fi society, I myself go to DePaul University which is in downtown chicago and I can get down there is about an hour or so... however it would be nicer if I can figure out who my local OSO is with a little more ease.

Thanks in advance.

And does anyone know if you're allowed to go to PLC prior to getting your citizenship? (even if you're guaranteed to get it within 2 years).

Soks

Thanks a lot, I think I found it, surprisingly only a few blocks from where I live... thanks a lot. Turns out www.usbluepages.gov worked well, of course I found that by googling blue pages, a mix of what you suggested :D

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Wow, crowbar hate to do this but d@mn ...this thread has been dead for 8 months, I think they solved whatever problem they had. If not then surely they are past any help now...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Crowbar said:

Easy killa, I knew what you were doing just pointing out that this one is 8 months dead...I am sure that either you could get a sticky made for this since it gets asked all the time or something...Just saying...