• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professionally Recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chartdk

I was hoping that someone could answer a question I have. I just received an e-mail from my recruiter today saying that I have been professionally recommended yet there is no guarantee. What exactly does this mean? What are the odds now that I've been professionally recommended? Any responses would be much appreciated.

Colin Hartigan

aoconnor

I had the same question, a week later I was sworn in. Most likely, you will recieve a letter in the mail, and get a phone call the same day stating that you are in, officially. Good luck.

Hudson

The community or a board of some sort checks out your package and then recommends you to another board. They then go through it again and pick your class date. From what I gather it is a way to weed out applicants. My recruter told me though that he had not heard of any one not getting once they were recommended. So hope that helps.
Scott

Dave Shutter

3 steps to your plane ride to Pensacola:

1) Med-review board: Docs decide if you're fit for service? If not, your app dies here. If yes, move on to:

2) Professionalism review board: Decides if you're fit to be an Officer based on your app and credentials? (1 and 2 may take turns being first, depends on whose more backed up) Moving along to:

3) Community board: Officers from a specific community (remember those 3 choices) look over your app and decide if you can join their club or not. If not, then your app goes down the hall to choices 2 and 3, and everyone else for that matter, wether you want it to or not. These are the people who ultimately punch your ticket to OCS. They may stick you in a class but you can pick a date as far as six months away. I had to actually change my date to be at my brothers wedding. Big pain in the ass.

This is how it went when I worked at my recruting station and the process I went through. May have changed or been modified recently due to recent business but I doubt it.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.