• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prowler FO Question

ELCID05

I am looking for some insight into what the situation will likely be for prowler NFOs as the Growler begins to come into the fleet. If someone gets prowlers now, will we be facing a bottleneck in a few years when it is time to transition to the single NFO growler platform? I would appreciate any information anybody can give on this situation.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tweek05 said:
I am looking for some insight into what the situation will likely be for prowler NFOs as the Growler begins to come into the fleet. If someone gets prowlers now, will we be facing a bottleneck in a few years when it is time to transition to the single NFO growler platform? I would appreciate any information anybody can give on this situation.
Shouldn't be an issue. They've got a plan for the transition that should eliminate any of those issues, plus the transition is going to take place over several years so everything will be more gradual then you've seen in other communities like the A-6. There's no better time to be getting into Electronic Attack, especially as an NFO. Bright future, new platform - good times.

Brett

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Brett327 said:
Shouldn't be an issue. They've got a plan for the transition that should eliminate any of those issues, plus the transition is going to take place over several years so everything will be more gradual then you've seen in other communities like the A-6. There's no better time to be getting into Electronic Attack, especially as an NFO. Bright future, new platform - good times.

Brett

Awesome... that's just the type of thing I wanted to hear about. Definitely thinkin' about EA.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ander37 said:
meaning you glow when you are done with your mission from the radiation :) jk
What, me glow? We're shielded, it's all the guys in marshal, or flying HVAA-P on our wing that are getting their chromosomes (and cojones) scrambled. :D

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Yeah, that link made its rounds in the VAQ community a few months ago. I don't know what Boeing pays their test fliers, but it would be a fun gig for someone who's tired of deployments/IAs/JPME/Etc. Maybe S.O.B. could cross rate to ECMO and apply. :D

Brett

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Brett327 said:
Yeah, that link made its rounds in the VAQ community a few months ago. I don't know what Boeing pays their test fliers, but it would be a fun gig for someone who's tired of deployments/IAs/JPME/Etc. Maybe S.O.B. could cross rate to ECMO and apply. :D

Brett

You did see this part, right?

Requires extensive travel, extended work hours, and probable relocation to remote test sites.

Other than the fact that I need to hang here 4.5 more years to get to 20, sounds like a great job for a FOS'd O-4.:D 1500+ hours means probably means DH with today's flight time averages. (I got right at 1200+ with a fleet, RAG and DH tour in the Prowler (6 years)).