• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT Workout that works!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB

I posted about a week ago about my inability to do pushups. I had been following the OCS webpage reccommended workout were you do push ups for 30 sec, 20 sec and then 15 sec. But this did not help me when I did a practice PRT. So I found a new workout where you do 5 sets of 20 pushup. then immediatly do 25 setups after each pushup set. Rest 30 seconds after each set of setups. Then do a 25 minute run. Each week you are suppose to add 5 situps and pushups to the set until you are doing sets of 40. Do this workout every other day. I have been doing this for about 14 days now and today I did a paractice PRT and was able to crank out 58 pushups in 2 minutes. I hope this is helpful for any others reporting to OCS this summer. Also does anyone know what the BIG 3 are? I have memorize the chain of command, orders of a senty and the code of conduct. Is the rank structure part of the Big 3 or is what I memorize the Big 3?

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Sounds like you are coming along well on your workout plan..keep it up. As for the big three the rank structure is not part of it. However you will still need to know it for OCS, both navy and marine.

ghost_ttu

when you say we will need to know the rank structure for OCS, does that include all of the ratings within the Navy? Not being lazy, just wanting to know what to know...

pdt1702

I started this same workout two weeks ago as well. I thought I was in decent shape but now realize I'm not after following this workout plan. It was much harder for me to run after doing all those pushups and situps. I'm not even lifting weights anymore, just following this workout and so far it seems like a good way to get in shape.

DB

I also have trouble with the run. I guess you don't realize how much you use your shoulders and arms when running.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Vic, the big three refer to the code of conduct, chain of command, and the general orders of a sentry. You will need to memorize these VERBATUM once you start OCS.

ghost_ttu, you will have to know some of the ratings. I am not sure which because they may have changed it recently.

Edited by - falcaner on 05/08/2002 20:50:17

JTP

I can max the the charts on sit-ups and push-ups, but the run I need to lose some time. Actually, I need to drop off minutes. Anyone have any suggestions?? I'm running the 1.5 in about 12:30-13:00 minutes....

YEAH COME ON!!

Ryanb50

quote:
I can max the the charts on sit-ups and push-ups, but the run I need to lose some time. Actually, I need to drop off minutes. Anyone have any suggestions?? I'm running the 1.5 in about 12:30-13:00 minutes....

Swim. Do 500 freestyle, than do another 500 with a kickboard. The next day, run a few miles. That'll help alot.

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
Try sprinting every other 1/4 mile. Example:

Jog for a warmup of 1/2 mile. Then sprint the next 1/4 mile. Then jog the next 1/4 mile. The sprint should be everything you have, and the jog can be as slow as you want. Just don't walk.

Ed Williams

With the run problem, also try running different distances. ONe day run a hard mile, the next run a slower 3 miles take a day off and then try thr mile and a half. MIx it up on your distances. ALso the 1/4 mile sprint will also help.
ed
p.s. any other ocs questions i'll be glad to answer. i've been out for 7 months now, but i still remember most things

JTP

Pushups on your fingers? Bows and toes? 90 degrees, what some inside info we can use to our advantage by training for now?

Dry rice, broken glass, rocks, pavement??

YEAH COME ON!!

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
JTP,
I was in the same boat. I could max my push-ups and sit-ups, but my run time was around 15 min. I then went on line and stumbled accross the SEAL PT program while I was researching career paths and I have dropped at least 5 min on my run in 8 weeks. That's pretty good considering I hate to run.

JTP

That is very impressive Vic. I hate to run to, that's why I'm lagging in it. I went out and bought a NIKE MP3 player thinking if I was running to some David Lee Roth Van Halen then it wouldn't be so bad. I think I might actually do the PRT swimming, but we'll see how the running picks up. Might as well get used to it, you know.
Lastly, where can I stumble across that Seal program? Thanks

Jimmy T

YEAH COME ON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.