• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PT everyday or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Do you guys think it is better to train for the PRT by running and doing situps/pullups/pushups everyday or every other day like the BUDS workout states? I have my PRT on oct. 7th.

JTP

If it's on the 7th, meaning 2.5 weeks, I'd be out there running now if I knew I needed to cut some time. My suggestion would be to run for distance (3+ miles) on Mon, Wed, and Friday. Keep a modest pace, a little harder than just jogging. Then on Tues, Thurs, and Sat I'd be running the 1.5 mile, run it hard like there are recruiters watching you. Rest on Sunday. Do your situps, and pushups every other day. My two cents, but I had a good PRT.

GO DAWGS!!

Tessone

You shouldn't cause yourself any problems by running every day, because your heart and lungs don't need days and days to recover. However, you should only do situps, lift, or perform a pullup routine every other day at most. Those muscles need some time to rebuild for the next period of punishment. I'm using a routine that works the whole body in sequence three times a week using dumbells and it works pretty well for me.

dewahl

A friend of mine had me watch the SEAL/SWCC recruitment intro to this new playstation game called SOCOM. This Commander was saying that candidates show up all proud and stuff saying they run 10 miles a week, he said we run 10 miles a day here ...pretty funny.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.