• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Purple Anti-Smash Light?

jon_yelverton

If I remember right, I had a question on my 3rd class exam on "what is the mission of an aircraft with purple anticollision lights?" I've asked around and looked up, I still haven't found the answer. Does anyone here know? I guessed fuel/tankers because the fueldonkies on the GW wore purple. But I now know fuel/tankers have blueish/green smacklights.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Never seen a purple anti-smash. In fact, never seen anything but red/orange/white.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's for UAVs, as a warning to others that this guy is not going to "see and avoid" you.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's for UAVs, as a warning to others that this guy is not going to "see and avoid" you.

Brett

What happens when two UAV's crash. Is there a Safety Center investigation? NTSB? Does anyone care? :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

Brett
I'm clueless ... but that sounds like a pretty good guess, as long as you're guessin' ... :confused:

I had heard, however, that it was part of a new program of color consciousness and warmth ... you know, for the kinder and gentler Navy, nation-building, gender-normed, diversified Navy ... and was designed to complement the upcoming magenta flight suits w/accessorized puce ascots ... :sleep_125

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You do not want to be the ASO at a UAV squadron, lots of SIRs to do very little flgiht time.

Um yeah purple, red white etc all look green on goggles anyway

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
by definition every UAV squadron is very little flight time... If you sitting at your desk "flying" and you skipper can still walk up and task you, then you aren't flying.