• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Push Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaznups

Ok I know a zillion questions have been asked about pushups [:I] but I was just wondering if you could keep your head up rather that looking straight down at the ground? I know I can always do more pushups when my head is looking out instead of down...
icon_smile_question.gif

There are two kinds of people that amaze me -- those that know absolutely everything and those that know absolutely nothing.

rhollin1

If my memory serves my correctly, it is required that you look straight ahead.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

jaznups

Really!

I think that is the best news that I have heard thus far!! Except the fact that I don't have to wait until I get back home to Chicago to do my Accession's officer interview for CEC!

Thanx

Jaz

There are two kinds of people that amaze me -- those that know absolutely everything and those that know absolutely nothing.

jjitaly2001

Actually, the Navy instruction states:

"(b) The back, buttocks, and legs shall be straight
from head to heels and must remain so throughout the test. Toes
and hands shall remain in contact with the floor, not a wall or
other vertical support surface."

Our PRT coordinator informs me that he wouldn't disqualify a push-up if you had your head up, but technically, its not allowed. He stresses that you must maintain a straight plane at all times. That's not to say that they won't disqualify the same push-up at OCS. If you want to check out the newest instruction governing the Navy PRT, go here:

http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/Directives/6110_1f.pdf

-John

dcstruble

As of June, 2002 - head was to be up to look at the platform and the raging DI during PT. Head up or down didn't matter on regular Wednesday Mock-PFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.