• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Q's about AirCrew & Rescue Swimmers job

top-guy

Hey, guys.
I see this is a gr8 military community, and i decided to chip in,

AD/PO1/25 y.o.

I've some questions, for rescue swimmers specially:

1- Who decide what kind of equipment to take on board, when it's time to save some lives? The hoist operator or the rescue swimmer?

2- What kind of mission do you (aircrews) fly? (like PAT, TRANS, VIP etc.) And what use of you up there?

3- When you are not in flight, what other jobs you do?

4- What are the other schools (or training program) you attend after graduation from Rescue Swimmer School?

5- Is that right what I heard that the Rescue Swimmer School is the 3rd hardest school in the USA after the buds?

i know it's a lot to ask, but i see in u guys experience and
education :icon_mi_1

That's it (for the moment), and I'd be very thankful for whom get these questions answered.;)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
People are going to keep busting your balls/not answer you unless you start using better grammar. Just giving you a heads up. Thats a fast way to get people to not like you here.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jesus Christ.

Go to Military.com. Then go to "community". Select "navy". Go to "discussions".

There's a Naval Air forum, and usually there's a few Rescue Swimmer types posting.

top-guy

i'm sorry i forgot to tell u guys that i'm not an american sailori'm from a foriegn military, that explaines my lousy grammari got my training in pensacola, fl two years ago, i had questions, i searched the net then i found this place...that's the whole story

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
i'm sorry i forgot to tell u guys that i'm not an american sailori'm from a foriegn military, that explaines my lousy grammari got my training in pensacola, fl two years ago, i had questions, i searched the net then i found this place...that's the whole story

I'm sure some of the helo guys can pipe in about what crewmen do.

Brett

robav8r

None
Contributor
Rescue Swimmer

I was a rescue swimmer for 13 years in H-2's & H-60's (LAMPS). SAR school is pretty tough - tougher than Aircrew school, but NOWHERE tougher than BUDS. If you fly in a tactical helo (HS, HSL, HSC ?), then you operate various airborne sensors and perform general aircrew duties. Your SAR mission is usually secondary (unless you are CSAR or Plane Guard) and you always fly with a standardized SAR bag with various pieces of rescue equipment such as tools to repair a broken hoist, chemlites, emergency wire cutters (other stuff I can't seem to remember). You also fly with your wetsuit, flotation device (SAR-1), resue harness, swim fins & mask, snorkel. Being a SAR swimmer was hands down one of the best experiences in my Navy career. Nothing better than saving a life . . . . :icon_carn