• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question about letters of recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyoun79

I know that you need a few letters of recommendations from various people for applying to OCS. I noticed that a lot of people here have letters from various officers, retired and current. How did you get to know these people, and what would you suggest to someone who doesn't have any letters of recs yet (I personally don't know any officers from the military).

schmied

OCS 188 Air
To be honest with you, I only had one LOR from an Air Force Col. Other than that, I only put the names of several individuals on that pre-application paperwork (8 references, etc.) Those people included an Air Force Lt. Col, two University profs. former co-workers/managers, school principal, etc. I was selected with an air contract. In my personal opinion, I don't think having a bunch of Officers writing you LORs will be that beneficial to you. The Marines do use the whole person concept and you don’t get a lot of variety from only having Officer LORs. If you don’t know any military people don’t worry about it. What about college profs., coaches, supervisors, community leaders, anyone in a respectable position that knows you well and can comment on your overall person will do fine.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
I had one LOR from my friend that's in COMM school right now. The rest were respectable friends of my family and college prof's. Prof's were the worst though, when I talked to a few about it they were all hesitant to fill out some of the information. They said that they had never observed me in thoose capacities. Oh well that's what you get with academic types.

Status
Not open for further replies.