• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about Test Pilot School

usmc_stud

pilot
I have done a little research and I am very intersted in TPS. I have a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, but I want to pursue a graduate degree.

Is getting a Masters in Engineering part of the TPS syllabus, or is it just an option offered while in the program?

Also, would getting a Masters before applying to TPS improve my chances of getting into the program?

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I have done a little research and I am very intersted in TPS. I have a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, but I want to pursue a graduate degree.

Is getting a Masters in Engineering part of the TPS syllabus, or is it just an option offered while in the program?

Also, would getting a Masters before applying to TPS improve my chances of getting into the program?

A technical Masters will help your package.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unless you're a total tool in the cockpit, of course... :)

I dunno, I've seen some real plumbers get picked up for TPS. But they were all smarter than hell.

To the OP: there's a co-op program which comes and goes, where you first go get an engineering degree on scholarship (one guy I know - not a plumber - went to MIT, another to CalTech), thence to TPS, thence to a couple years in the VX's.

It was being discouraged in VAW for a few years, since that track took you "out of the community" for too many fitrep cycles.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

Holy motivation batman! You are an SNA, without a solid first deployment with the squadron after VTs, I don't think you have much of a chance...it's a very competative billet...so before you think about sinking so much energy into a Masters, consider the consequences of spending so much time/energy away from being the "best of the best" in your first squadron.

Just my .02. I really have no actual knowledge on your previous questions. Good luck though!

~d