• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question for anybody who has served on a redesignation board

miker1

I am looking to redesignate from the reserve into aviation (pilot). I have read that the boards are looking for the most qulified applicant. And that they may never have seperated from any sort of flight training.

I am a multi engine commercial pilot with instrument priveledges. i have 250 hrs. I am about to be a flight instructor. I feel that makes me a qualified applicant. But i was in A-pool in 04. Before i started they told me that i was unqualified for two of the three basic avaition pipelines based on my sitting height. Now they let students continue under these same circumstances. I was not allowed to continue.

Would this disqualify me? i never actually got to start.
thanks for your time.

Renegade One

None
Miker1: I agree with those who say "keep trying". Not sure if you can get a provisional "up" from a local and/or friendly Flight Surgeon or not, but half of what people look for on a Redesignation Board is motivation/qualification for the new career path, and determination to succeed. Keep swinging and eventually you'll find a way. Not sure what your particular sitting height dimension might be, but I've known both towering giants and little short folks who all seemed to fit nicely in Phantoms and Tomcats. That's why they build a vertical seat adjust feature on the seat.

All the best and keep us informed. Inquiring mnds want to know.
V/R, Spike

miker1

renegade one
That is helpful. Have you ever served on a redesignation board? I am definitely not a towering giant. I went through at the worst possible time ever. I will send an update. It will be awhile though because these boards only happen twice a year and i just missed one. I am creeping ever closer to the age limit. I'm not sure how man hacks at this i am going to get. thanks