• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question For Penn State Aviators

plc67

pilot
I live in the vicinity of State College and have been trying to find an FBO that rents single engine airplanes. So far not much luck; the nearest reasonable agency I've been able to come up with is at CXY in Harrisburg. It's my understanding that future SNAs now get flight training before reporting to the Training Command and I was wondering who the local school is that instructs the Navy and Marine Corps Aviation Options. Any help would be appreciated.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
The fact that you like Notre Dame football should inspire all Penn Staters to not answer :)

See you Sept 9th

plc67

pilot
Well, that's fair enough,but I've got two kids going to Penn State and one that graduated from Penn State.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Irish play Penn State but I'm agog over seeing Notre Dame get another shot at the fighting condoms.
Time for me to go and defeat the purple and brown hordes.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
PLC67, I've got a friend who works at the Univ. Park Airport, I'll ask him if he knows anyone.

As far as getting instruction locally, I was told last year that we were hosed in that department and would be doing somewhere other than State College.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
PLC67 - here's what my friend had to say:

"To answer your question is kinda round about. GPI used to rent aircraft at University park but they went chaper 11 and are no longer, Therefore PSU doesnt really have a flight school on the field since WW2 days when the airforce helped with the finances.

however there are a number of clubs on the field that have CFI's. These can be expensive when it comes to buy ins but in the long haul are cheaper than renting. The closest I know of is Penn Air out of altonna and they fly their plane to state college to teach i could get you a number for them if you like i think they are also really steep on their prices but nows days this is normal."

plc67

pilot
Sorry for the belated thanks but I just got back from my trips. I appreciate your responses and guess it'll either be Williamsport or Harrisburg.