• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about becoming a Naval Officer

BZ853

First, I've been reading for a while and have picked up a lot of information. So those that ask and answer questions, thank you. Secondly a little about me, I am a Spring graduate with a Civil Engineering degree with a minor in Nuclear Power Generation. I will graduate with a 2.6 ish overall gpa with a 3.4 major and 3.8 minor gpa. I have taken the OAR and earned a 64 on it. I would like to join the Navy doing something nuclear related or the CEC. Is there anything I can do to make me more competitive? I have a pretty clear break in school where I went from a bad student to understanding what I need to do and my semester gpa improved from usually a 2.5 to over a 3.5.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

You GPA will sink you for CEC and nuclear, on the nuke side they look at individual grades, they want to see tech grades B or above, they will allow for a few C's (last I heard) but that is always case by case and your overall GPA doesn't look good, CEC is similar, they are very competitive and that overall GPA will hurt, the way the application is they will see the overall GPA, not the major GPA, unfortunately your GPA is under the minimum for SWO, your best chance is doing really well on the aviation test and go that route.