• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions About Questions About...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
So uh...just curious why we have a thread we can all read that only "certain folks" can respond too?

MasterBates

Mostly because the current forum software does not make it as obvious to the Mod Squad that you are posting to a closed topic as it used to.

Renegade One

None
Yeah...what MB said. I think most "Closed Topics" are closed for good reasons.
[Caveat: That may not actually be what MB said...but that's how I read it.]

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Mostly because the current forum software does not make it as obvious to the Mod Squad that you are posting to a closed topic as it used to.

What MB said. It's really hard to see the little lock on the thread and Mods can still post in locked threads. It was an accident and was flagged for the mods so they are on the same page. The thread stayed open longer than it should have because of that.

MasterBates

When I'm on a phone (90% of the time) I don't even see a distinction between "normal" and MOD stuff, where I used to with the old software. I don't even see the lock unless I search for it, but when it's only the ModSquad, I usually check.