• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions regarding FRAC

Jbruno

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to these forums but I believe I found the right place to ask questions! After graduating from aircrew and ARSS I am currently waiting to be classed up for AW school right now in Pensacola for the sierra platform. I have little knowledge about what is going to happen after I graduate and move on to SERE and FRAC because it is always just rumors from people who know just as much as I do. A chief came down from Norfolk and spoke to Romeo class that a few of my buddies are in and told them a little about how FRAC is over there but I am trying to find some information from someone who has experienced it firsthand and gone through the pipeline. Obviously it will be much more mentally and physically demanding than ARSS and A school, I just would like to know what the daily routine would be? and if you are just in FRAC to recieve your quals and flight hours?

Thank you to anyone that responds.

Jbruno

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Let me start off by saying that my FRAC training occurred 26 years ago so things might a bit different. As an Aircrewman the RAG is your last stop in the pipeline. This where you are introduced to your aircraft and start a learning process that never really ends.

It will NOT be more physically demanding than ARSS (in my day they told us only BUD/S was harder). In my opinion it should NOT be more mentally demanding than 'A' School. There is a LOT to learn at the RAG and the Navy knows this. Your course of instruction is broken down into many many little bite-sized chunks. You also do a lot of "learning-by-doing", so it sticks in your head better.

You should not worry about the RAG. By the time you get there you will have faced (and overcome) much tougher obstacles.

Good luck.

highside7r

None
Congrats on getting through ARSS. The AW track is probably changing faster than I can keep up with. Here's how it used to be. After AW A, I went up to Brunswick for SERE, of course a month early waiting for a class. So, fresh AW3 doing "lawn care" during the week. Next up was FASO Jax for AW related classes, then on to the RAG, at the time HS-1. That took about 9/10 months to get thru the H-60F RAG. So, you're looking at 1.5 years to get to the fleet. I am sure the timeline has changed with the NAC rate merge.

Worst thing I heard while an ARSS instructor was guys getting out to San Diego and the DUI's start flowing in, all that training for nothing.

Jbruno

First off thanks for responding to my post! I am excited to continue with my training, I am highly motivated and love the challenge, I am not sure what FRAC I will end up in but if anyone has gone through FRAC in Norfolk or Jacksonville I would love to hear about your experience. I am just trying to gather all info possible so I can prepare myself for the challenge that awaits.

Thank you,

Jbruno