• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick Addendum Question

shutout39

pilot
Tried searching, couldn't find what I was looking for, so I am hoping someone could help:

I submitted my package early November which is now waiting for the April board. My question is if I update my application form (improved GPA a bit, logged a bit of flight time, and received two awards), will my application be moved to the "bottom of the pile". In other words:

1. Do they even look at the applications in the order they are received?
2. If so, will an addendum push me back on the list. If it does push me back, I don't think I would submit the addendum.

I don't necessarily think that being seen as an earlier applicant will help me get selected, my real concern is that if I am pro-rec'd, it could be for a later OCS class. I want to get in as soon as possible, naturally The changes I want to make aren't that huge, but I know it is going to be very selective and I am looking for all the help I can.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Tried searching, couldn't find what I was looking for, so I am hoping someone could help:

I submitted my package early November which is now waiting for the April board. My question is if I update my application form (improved GPA a bit, logged a bit of flight time, and received two awards), will my application be moved to the "bottom of the pile". In other words:

1. Do they even look at the applications in the order they are received?
2. If so, will an addendum push me back on the list. If it does push me back, I don't think I would submit the addendum.

I don't necessarily think that being seen as an earlier applicant will help me get selected, my real concern is that if I am pro-rec'd, it could be for a later OCS class. I want to get in as soon as possible, naturally The changes I want to make aren't that huge, but I know it is going to be very selective and I am looking for all the help I can.

Yes, it could push you back and there is a good chance it will. When I made a change to my application it did that very thing even after I was told it wouldn't. I wouldn't say that the boards look at applications in the order you submit but if they have 300 applications and are only reviewing 100 then they take the first 100 that was ready. So when you are making changes to your application you are essentially saying your application wasn't ready. Once again I'm not saying this will happen to you but this is what happened to me. Other people may not have had any difficulties in adding something to their application and still be seen at their intended board. Due to the nature of your change I wouldn't say yours is mandatory. So I wouldn't risk it if I were you especially after such as long break in the board schedules. My situation mandated the change so the choice was essentially out of my hands. You just have to ask yourself if it is worth it. Good Luck!