• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

quick question

46&2

pilot
I am new to this forum and not even sure if this is the right one to broach this question, but I recently checked out of my squadron and in the process of doing a PCS move via the wonderful navy movers, My pilot helmet, O2 mask and other flight gear went missing. My current orders do not have me flying, and do to an illness I am not sure if I will make it back to the cockpit any time soon, but I am keenly interested in getting a hold of another helmet, etc, for nastalgia sake. If anyone can help me, I would certainly appreciate it.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I am new to this forum and not even sure if this is the right one to broach this question, but I recently checked out of my squadron and in the process of doing a PCS move via the wonderful navy movers, My pilot helmet, O2 mask and other flight gear went missing. My current orders do not have me flying, and do to an illness I am not sure if I will make it back to the cockpit any time soon, but I am keenly interested in getting a hold of another helmet, etc, for nastalgia sake. If anyone can help me, I would certainly appreciate it.

You guys have O2 masks?

Man, that sucks, what other gear did you lose?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The P-3 mafia is all over this board. I'm sure is your story is legit, someone will help yout out.

46&2

pilot
2 helmet bags, a sanitized sv-2, knee board, pocket check-lists, and gouge, gouge, and more gouge...not to mention my NATOPS

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
There are plenty of PR types and squadrons in Norfolk. Some of them might be able to hook you up. I don't recall any P-3's there though, so that might be a limiting factor. Beyond that some of your P-3 brethren might be able to help out.

P3 F0

None
Out of curiosity, have you filed a claim? I'm not sure what the deal is if your pro gear goes missing with your movers (they always seem to make a big deal about separating that stuff out and marking it, so hopefully there's a reason). Anyway, if I were you I'd be talking to the PR shop you just left and setting something up with them so that you have all the info you need to make your claim, and that once you get that claim, you can somehow get the money to your old squadron and have the PR shop hook you up. No guarantees that'll work, but if I were you, that's at least where I'd start.

P3 F0

None
You guys have helmets?!
Speaking of which, I've never seen a pilot with his own O2 mask, or, for that matter, his own SV-2. We get issued that by the PR shop upon check in, and it stays with the PR shop when you leave. They don't go handing those things out.

And what's 'sanitized' SV-2?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wait, I'm confused. You're a P-3 NFO, but you have never been issued anything?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Must be an EP-3 thing. I have all my own gear (2 SV2s, actually), and helmet, sans O2 mask, since ours are already part of the cockpit.

P3 F0

None
Wait, I'm confused. You're a P-3 NFO, but you have never been issued anything?
Issued, sure. The gear is indeed 'mine,' up until I check out. SV-2's are not something I've ever been so much as offered to keep. This is coming from VQ and other non-straight-stick P-3 squadrons. Zab, you actually have an SV-2 that's yours to keep after you leave the squadron? If so, does that include the survival gear, too? If so, I'm gonna feel like an idiot and wonder what else I've been screwed out of all these years. :icon_rage

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had to turn in all incendiaries and the radio, everything else I kept. SOP (for my squadron at least), was that if you were going to another flying billet, you keep your stuff. I had them pull my CO2 so I could put it in my carry-on (airlines change their requirements everytime I fly). I was also issued one by my hosts here, which I will return (piece of FOD anyway, zippers stick).

edit: this may have had to do with the squadron transitioning to AIRSAVE

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
When I left my squadron the PRs gave me my helmet, AIRSAVE w/non pyrotechnic survival gear, and anti-exposure suit. I imagine its for when I return to a flying billet... whenever that might be.