• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodenkey

A pilot slot would be nice but I also am looking into other Navy careers. Since I'm a biology major I'm thinking of the Meteorology & Oceanography path too. Now it's a bit off the topic with piloting, and I know I need to see a recruiter...but, do you guys know if the acceptance rate is better for these areas? Also, I would assume that the waiting period for OCS is much less as well. Anyone know for sure? Thanks guys!

JayManC

not quite sure, we havent gotten too many of "those types" coming around here. to tell you the truth the recruiter really would be the best source of information it appears that we don't seem to have any BTDT's from this group

<insert something witty here:>

Meridiani

Well, METOC is my second choice, so I think I can help you out. A little. A very little.
icon_smile_wink.gif
. Anyhow, if you want to go down that route, you'll need to have a year of calculus and a year of calc-based physics under your belt. If not, you won't get accepted to METOC. BTW - I've heard that METOC is closed for FY03, so by all means apply, but don't hold your breath. Also, the long waiting time applies to all nonprior service folks, not just the pilot applicants. It sucks, but what are you gonna do?

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.