• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

R/C Turbine C-17

Brunes

pilot
I want one.

He woulda gotten bonus points if he had dropped some candy or something during the ramp down pass

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
HOLY SMOKES!!! That is awesome. My jaw is on the floor. I wonder how much that cost.

I want one.

He woulda gotten bonus points if he had dropped some candy or something during the ramp down pass

Or little plastic paratroopers.

ParatrooperToyWholesale.jpg

UMichfly

pilot
None
Holy shit! Very impressive. I was expecting it to be the usual "snap roll into the deck on climbout" video you see whenever someone builds a ridiculously oversize/complex R/C airplane.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I think I know some air force types that wish they could do that with the full size version...

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
wow, that's f'ing cool! I love the C-17, very neat plane.

By far one of the best models i've seen.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
If they wanted to be truly realistic, they would have dropped tiny pallets of water, rigged with tiny high velocity chutes, from over 3000' AGL too high. ...And miss a CH-46 by 30'.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Waited patiently for the big crash....sooooo disappointed. :(

gaetabob

pilot
for those in Corpus and interested, there is a large R/C airpark in Austin, and they occationally have turbine model fly-ins...

http://www.austinrc.org/

never made it out when I lived in Austin, but I've heard some pretty cool things from others...

CAMike

None
Contributor
Besides the +/- $50K to for parts and god aweful time commitments to these large scale building endeavors, you really have to be careful in windy conditions. As most of these deals have only air speed/AOA telemetry back to the ground it's hard to see your unusual attitudes developing from the ground. (Don't you feel more comfortable looking at your instruments?)The other team of gents who built and flew this B-52 model (link below) unknowingly entered the same flight scenario of the B-52 stall/crash that occured at an airshow some years ago. High AOB, High AOA and Not Enough TAS. I'll try and post (a) the good flight and (b) the bad flight here if someone can assist me with the process of posting video's in these "reply to post" windows, via PM.

Here is a link to the bad flight. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/32062/b52_crash/

No I'm not into RC anything as my vehicles are my hobby. But I do know a gent who who is into 1/8 scale RC A/C and although he has no time for traditional dating or time consuming relationship building/sex, he has access and utilizes a couple of Ashley Dupre level rentals who thinks he's a very "fun" man. If you have the money....live the lifestyle that fits you best.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
Besides the +/- $50K to for parts and god aweful time commitments to these large scale building endeavors, you really have to be careful in windy conditions. As most of these deals have only air speed/AOA telemetry back to the ground it's hard to see your unusual attitudes developing from the ground. (Don't you feel more comfortable looking at your instruments?)The other team of gents who built and flew this B-52 model (link below) unknowingly entered the same flight scenario of the B-52 stall/crash that occured at an airshow some years ago. High AOB, High AOA and Not Enough TAS. I'll try and post (a) the good flight and (b) the bad flight here if someone can assist me with the process of posting video's in these "reply to post" windows, via PM.

Here is a link to the bad flight. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/32062/b52_crash/

No I'm not into RC anything as my vehicles are my hobby. But I do know a gent who who is into 1/8 scale RC A/C and although he has no time for traditional dating or time consuming relationship building/sex, he has access and utilizes a couple of Ashley Dupre level rentals who thinks he's a very "fun" man. If you have the money....live the lifestyle that fits you best.

I cringed when I saw that.