• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the reply Chuck. I've actually heard of the MIT OCW one before I used to be an avid reader of Phil Greenspun's aviation writing. He has a blog now too but his politics don't really line up with mine...

I was misdiagnosed with ADHD in the late 2010s, so I needed a waiver from Big Navy in order to commission 3 years ago. I imagine the FAA medical will ask if I've ever been treated or diagnosed for it, which I assume is the only real stumbling block I'll face medically.

I'm in no rush to get the PPL but I do want to make the most efficient use of my time: between the day job, the Reserves and two kids I need to make sure my time is spent wisely where possible. I'm definitely aware of "the more often you fly, the easier it'll be to remember stuff" mantra!
If there's a problem with an FAA medical consider a light sport certificate. It only requires a driver's license as medical certification. Down the road after initial flight training to LSA, you can upgrade to a third class medical or basic Med which will allow you full privileges of a private pilot's license.